Recently I have been obsessed with The Great British Bake Off, serious addiction! But every time I watch it, I will ended up with a massive craving sweet tooth. Then I will get very inspired to bake something. and of course vegan version! :)
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER MUFFIN (10 muffins)
- 2 ripe banana
- 2 tsp flax seeds
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or cocoa/ carob powder)
- 1/4 cup light packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup nut milk (or any other plant base milk)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree.
2. Soak flax seed and chia seed in some water, and ket it thicken up for 5 mins.
3. Meanwhile, mix in the dry ingredient. Shift them to remove any lumps and achieve softer texture muffin.
4. In a separate bowl, mash 2 ripen banana. Add in the flax and chia eggs, then stir to combine. Then add heaping spoon of peanut butter then mix them really well.
5. Combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together and mix.
6. Slowly add in the nut milk, and mix well again.
7. Scoop in muffin tin or muffin case.
8. Bake for 25 mins.
9. After finished baking, let it cool before removing from the tin/case.
10. Voila, ready to serve!
I kid you not, these muffin is gone within two days. They are super soft and moist. I ate these as my morning breakfast and also snacking throughout the day while watching TGBBO. Oh, Sunday well spent!