Saturday, February 7, 2015

FRESHLY BAKED PUMPKIN BREAD


I'm not sure about you guys? But i'm definitely a fan of bread. The carbs oh those carbs, I just can't resist them. I used to be bread addict which I can finish a loaf of bread myself in just an hour. What? Yeah, thinking back to it, I felt sick myself.
Up until now, bread are the things I just couldn't give up. I can have them with PB banana, french toast, egg on toast or even just have it plain. It just my thing! 

But we all know how many calories, sugar, fat or maybe preservaties are in the store bought bread in the supermarket. (Yeah, I always read labels when I bought things and you should too!). Then I thought why wouldn't I just bake them myself. My brother has an oven in his house which I found it very helpful with a tons of recipes that require oven. I do enjoy the weekend baking if you can't tell. It's my new kinda Sunday afternoon routine.

Ingredients:
- half pumpkin
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- honey
- coconut oil

Optional: 
You can add seeds like chia seed, flax seed, sunflower seed, or even pumpkin seed. to make it more flavor. Nuts are also great combination to the add to the bread. Get creative! 
Starting off by scrapping off the seed and skin the pumpkin. Then bring them to steamer until they are soft and blend to get soft puree pumpkin. Let them cool for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile I combine the eggs, oat flour, and baking powder together and mix. Then adding the pumpkin puree in the mixture (make sure they already cool, you don't want to cook the mixture). To give extra sweetness, I add 1 tbsp of honey. If the mixture is too thick, feel free to add some water and oil until you get the right consistency but not too runny as well. 
By this time, it's your turn to play with it. You can add any seeds or nut to it. Chia and Flax seed are loaded with nutrient and full of Omega 3 Fatty Acid. Pumpkin or Sunflower are great as well given they're high in protein and fiber. Nut also can be added to give more flavor (too bad I ran out mine!)
Bake them in 180°C preheated oven for 30-40 mins until a toothpick comes out clean when you insert in. Let it cool for 10 mins and you can enjoy them. I got too excited and didn't even wait for another minutes. It burned my hand, so learn from my lesson people. 
You can definitely taste the pumpkin and yet not too sweet since I just add only small amount of honey. I brought them to office and my colleagues loves them. I definitely would make them again. It's easy and cheap compare those store bought bread, not to mention healthier.


xoxo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fretty Anggeni. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig